Two humanitarian corridors opened to evacuate besieged civilians in al-Rukban Camp

Homs, SANA – Two humanitarian corridors were opened on Tuesday to evacuate the displaced Syrians besieged by the U.S. forces and their mercenary terrorists in al-Rukban Camp in al-Tanf area, the eastern countryside of Homs.

Around 50 thousand displaced Syrians are staying at al-Rukban Camp in al-Tanf area where U.S. troops are deployed, living under catastrophic humanitarian conditions.

The plan to open the two corridors was announced two days ago by the Syrian-Russian joint coordination committees to secure the return of the besieged civilians.

The two corridors are equipped with centers to facilitate a secure voluntary exit and return of the displaced to any area they choose to go to around the clock.

Units of the Syrian Arab Army, together with the Russian military police, take the charge of securing the safety of the displaced people all the way to the new residential places.

Head of Russian National Center for State Defense Control General Lieutenant Mikhail Mezentsev said in a statement that due to the urgent need to address the problems of the displaced in al-Rukban Camp, two corridors were opened in the towns of Jleighem and Jabal al-Ghurab on the outskirts of al-Tanf area to facilitate the evacuation of the civilians from the camp.

Mezentsev described the situation at al-Rukban Camp as “catastrophic”, saying that the civilians are held as hostages by the terrorist organizations under the control of the US.

He noted that the participants in the UN humanitarian expedition that visited the camp stressed the lack of basic health care, saying that women, children and disabled people have no access to the minimum medical assistance and that 8 children died of poisoning in the last month alone.

H. Said

Check Also

Temperatures below average, showers expected over some areas

Damascus, SANA- Temperatures will remain from 1 to 3 degrees below average as the country …