Homs Governor: Security in Homs facilitates aid efforts

Homs, SANA – Homs Governor Talal al-Barazi said the governorate is giving all facilitations to provide humanitarian aid to all citizens in all areas indiscriminately.

During his meeting with Representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Damascus Elizabeth Hoff on Sunday, al-Barazi said security and stability in most of Homs areas made the relief work much more easier, stressing the role of the international organizations in delivering this aid to all citizens.

He briefed Hoff on the situation of the health sector in the province and the damage caused by the terrorist attacks to its institutions.

For her part, Hoff hailed the measures taken by the Syrian government to facilitate the WHO work, especially regarding delivering aid to unsafe areas, adding that there are currently workshops to train cadres specialized in manufacturing artificial limps, after the needed supplies were provided by the WHO.

Al-Barazi also met with a number of service institutions’ heads to discuss preparation for the new school year and ensure the availability of its requirements.

During the meeting, al-Barazi stressed the need to provide all needed books, stationary, and equipment needed for the school year, and carrying out medical check-ups for all students with the aim of ensuring their safety and preventing contagious diseases.

He said that 17 schools that were sabotaged by terrorists were rehabilitated and two more are being prepared to receive children in the Old City.

In turn, head of the Publications Directorate in Homs Samir Abbas said that the institution has already printed about 95% of the province’s needs of school books, adding the remaining 5% will be ready within a few days.

Mohammad Nassr/ Mazen Eyon/ Hazem Sabbagh

Check Also

41 new Covid-19 cases, 3 fatalities recorded in Syria

Damascus, SANA- 41 new Covid-19 cases, 250 recoveries and 3 fatalities were reported in Syria …