By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)
  • Latest News
  • Syria
  • Middle East
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • International
Reading: U.S. and Iran exchange strikes as Trump warns of further attacks
  • AR
  • TR
  • FR
  • ES
  • KU
  • Culture
  • Video
  • Photos
  • Miscellaneous
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)
  • Latest News
  • Syria
  • Middle East
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • International
Search
  • Latest News
  • News Categories
    • Politics
    • Culture
    • Video
    • Photos
    • Miscellaneous
  • Provinces
  •  Languages
    • العربية
    • Türkçe
    • Français
    • Español
    • Kurdî
Follow US
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) > Latest News > Politics > U.S. and Iran exchange strikes as Trump warns of further attacks

U.S. and Iran exchange strikes as Trump warns of further attacks

Published: 2026/07/09 11:29 AM
Updated: 2026/07/09 11:29 AM
U.S. and Iran exchange strikes as Trump warns of further attacks
Smoke rises following explosions at an undisclosed location after what U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said were strikes on Iranian military targets. Photo: Reuters.


Washington, July 9 (SANA) The United States and Iran exchanged strikes on Wednesday as U.S. President Donald Trump warned that Washington would intensify its military campaign if Tehran continued targeting commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.

In a post on social media, Trump said the latest U.S. strikes were carried out in retaliation for Iranian attacks on commercial vessels the previous day, warning that any further attacks would trigger a stronger U.S. response.

Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One while returning from the NATO summit in Ankara, Trump said the United States had struck Iran “very hard” and would respond “twentyfold” to any future attacks.

Earlier on Wednesday, Trump said the memorandum of understanding signed with Iran to end the war had expired, adding that he no longer intended to engage with Tehran.

The U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said on Thursday that American forces carried out an additional round of strikes on Wednesday night, targeting about 90 Iranian military sites.

In a statement posted on X, CENTCOM said the targets included air defense systems, coastal surveillance assets, missile and drone storage facilities, naval capabilities and military logistics infrastructure along Iran’s coast.

The command said the strikes were intended to further degrade Iran’s ability to threaten commercial shipping and civilian mariners in the Strait of Hormuz and followed an earlier operation targeting around 80 military sites, including more than 60 vessels belonging to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

CENTCOM said the operations were conducted under the direct orders of the U.S. commander-in-chief in response to Iranian attacks on commercial vessels transiting the strategic waterway.


Meanwhile, Bahrain said its air defense systems intercepted and destroyed several Iranian missiles and drones targeting the kingdom.

In a statement posted on X, Bahrain’s Defense Force said its military remains at the highest level of readiness and urged the public to follow official safety instructions and report any suspicious objects.

Kuwait also said its air defense systems intercepted hostile missiles and drones after they entered the country’s airspace.

The General Staff of the Kuwaiti Armed Forces said the explosions heard across parts of the country were caused by interception operations and urged residents to comply with guidance issued by the relevant authorities.

On Wednesday, Kuwait’s Ministry of Defense said its air defense systems had intercepted two ballistic missiles and 13 Iranian drones that entered the country’s airspace.

T.S /ABD


Syrian President al‑Sharaa to make an official visit to Germany next week
Kuwait says air defenses intercepted hostile drones
Global petrochemical crisis: 14 million barrels per day offline amid regional conflict
U.S. Envoy Welcomes Reactivation of Syrian Central Bank Account at New York Fed
Lebanon revokes approval of Iranian ambassador, declares him persona non grata
  • press
  • Photos
  • Video
  • Miscellaneous
TAGGED:CENTCOMDonald TrumpIranStrait of HormuzU.S. airstrikesU.S.-Iran conflictUnited States
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Copy Link

Editors Choice

Palestinian groups: Israeli occupation expands withholding of bodies amid Gaza genocide

Palestinian groups: Israeli occupation expands withholding of bodies amid Gaza genocide

August 13, 2026
Five killed in Ukrainian attack on Crimea

Five killed in Ukrainian attack on Crimea

August 13, 2026
Trump signs memorandum to expand cyber operations against criminal groups

Trump signs memorandum to expand cyber operations against criminal groups

August 13, 2026
Syria Summer for Families festival brings culture, entertainment to Aleppo

Syria Summer for Families festival brings culture, entertainment to Aleppo

August 13, 2026
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)

Syrian Arab News Agency – SANA

The official national news agency of Syria, established on June 24, 1965. It is affiliated with the Ministry of Information and headquartered in Damascus.

  • Presidency
  • Politics
  • Syria
  • Economy
  • Health
  • International
  • Education
  • Culture
  • Sport
  • Tour Syria
  • press
  • Photos
  • Video
  • Miscellaneous
© Syrian Arab News Agency. All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?