Washington, June 10 (SANA) U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said Wednesday that American forces had completed a series of strikes targeting sites in Iran in response to the reported downing of a U.S. Army Apache helicopter.
In a statement published on its website, CENTCOM said the strikes were carried out under the direction of the U.S. commander-in-chief following the helicopter incident reported a day earlier.
According to the statement, U.S. Air Force and Navy aircraft conducted airstrikes using precision-guided munitions against what CENTCOM described as Iranian air defense positions, ground control stations and radar systems near the Strait of Hormuz.
CENTCOM said the operation was intended as a response to recent attacks targeting U.S. forces and international commercial vessels transiting regional waters. It added that U.S. forces remain on alert and prepared to defend against Iranian aggression.
Earlier, U.S. President Donald Trump said in a post on his Truth Social platform that he had been informed that an advanced Apache helicopter had been shot down while conducting a patrol over the Strait of Hormuz.
Trump said two pilots were aboard the aircraft and were not injured, adding that the United States would respond forcefully to the incident.
N.J/R.K