By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)
  • Latest News
  • Syria
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • International
Reading: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain condemn storming of Kuwait’s consulate in Basra
  • AR
  • TR
  • FR
  • ES
  • KU
  • Culture
  • Video
  • Photos
  • Miscellaneous
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)
  • Latest News
  • Syria
  • Economy
  • Politics
  • Sport
  • International
Search
  • Latest News
  • News Categories
    • Politics
    • Culture
    • Video
    • Photos
    • Miscellaneous
  • Provinces
  •  Languages
    • العربية
    • Türkçe
    • Français
    • Español
    • Kurdî
Follow US
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) > Latest News > International > Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain condemn storming of Kuwait’s consulate in Basra

Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain condemn storming of Kuwait’s consulate in Basra

Published: 2026/04/08 12:29 PM
Updated: 2026/04/08 12:29 PM
Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and Bahrain condemn storming of Kuwait’s consulate in Basra
the attack on Kuwait’s consulate in Basra

Capitals, April 8 (SANA) Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain condemned the attack on Kuwait’s consulate in Basra, describing it as a violation of diplomatic norms and international law.

Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Ministry said the kingdom strongly condemns the storming and vandalism of the consulate, calling it a breach of the sanctity of diplomatic premises, according to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).

The United Arab Emirates also denounced the incident, rejecting it as an act of vandalism and urging the Iraqi government to investigate the circumstances, prevent recurrence and hold those responsible accountable.

Qatar’s Foreign Ministry, cited by the Qatar News Agency (QNA), described the targeting of diplomatic missions as a “blatant violation” of international law and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.

Bahrain’s Foreign Ministry similarly condemned the attack, calling for immediate and decisive measures to ensure accountability and safeguard diplomatic missions.

The four countries stressed the need to protect diplomatic premises and personnel in accordance with international laws and conventions, particularly the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.

For its part, Iraq’s Foreign Ministry said the government rejects any violation targeting diplomatic and consular missions.

It added that a specialized investigative committee has been formed by the Interior Ministry to determine the circumstances of the incident and take legal action against those involved to prevent similar occurrences.

Iraqi police sources said earlier that a number of individuals stormed the Kuwaiti consulate building in Basra on Tuesday.

R A H

Eight people killed in Israeli raids on Sidon and Baalbek in Lebanon
Pakistan: indirect negotiations between U.S. and Iran taking place to end the war
Israeli ship forced to Lleave Italian port of Livorno in solidarity with Gaza
Drone Attack Targets Ship from Global Freedom Flotilla En Route to Gaza
Middle East conflict: Egypt and EU condemn Iranian attacks on Arab countries
  • press
  • Photos
  • Video
  • Miscellaneous
TAGGED:attackBahrain’s Foreign MinistryKuwait’s consulateSaudi Arabia’s Foreign MinistryThe United Arab Emirates
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Copy Link

Editors Choice

IAEA chief urges restraint, warns against attacks on nuclear facilities

IAEA chief urges restraint, warns against attacks on nuclear facilities

May 20, 2026
Putin, Xi pledge deeper cooperation and call for stability in the Middle East

Putin, Xi pledge deeper cooperation and call for stability in the Middle East

May 20, 2026
Al-Baba: Security agencies continue dismantling terrorist cells after Damascus attack

Al-Baba: Security agencies continue dismantling terrorist cells after Damascus attack

May 20, 2026
Putin begins state visit to China at Xi Jinping's invitation

Putin begins state visit to China at Xi Jinping’s invitation

May 19, 2026
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA)

Syrian Arab News Agency – SANA

The official national news agency of Syria, established on June 24, 1965. It is affiliated with the Ministry of Information and headquartered in Damascus.

  • Presidency
  • Politics
  • Syria
  • Economy
  • Health
  • International
  • Education
  • Culture
  • Sport
  • Tour Syria
  • press
  • Photos
  • Video
  • Miscellaneous
© Syrian Arab News Agency. All rights reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?