Aleppo/Moscow, SANA – A military source refuted the reports circulated by malicious media outlets about the Syrian Arab Army targeting a humanitarian aid convoy in Aleppo countryside.
The source told SANA that there’s no truth to the rumors circulated during the past few hours by some media outlets about the Syrian Arab Army targeting a humanitarian aid convoy in Orkem village in Aleppo’s northern countryside.
Russian Defense Ministry: Russian and Syrian air forces did not target any humanitarian aid convoys in Aleppo
Spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry Igor Konashenkov asserted that neither the Russian Aerospace Forces nor the Syrian Air Force targeted any UN humanitarian aid convoys southwest of Aleppo.
Konashenkov stressed that video recordings don’t show any indication that the humanitarian convoy in question was hit by shells.
He also said that terrorists from Jabhat al-Nusra carried out a massive attack with heavy support from artillery and rocket launchers in the direction of where the convoy was on Monday at 19:00 Moscow time, adding that the Ministry studied carefully the video published by so-called “activisits” and it showed no sign of any of the convoy’s trucks being hit by military-grade munitions, nor were any craters or signs of damage to the trucks’ structures visible as would be the case had they been struck by air-to-surface explosives.
Konashenkov said that all the video showed was a fire that broke out at the same time as the armed groups were attacking Aleppo, noting that the convoy was passing through an area where armed groups are present, and the Russian Reconciliation Center in Hmeimeem was monitoring it using drones, and at 13:40 Moscow time the convoy arrived successfully at its destination and the Center ceased monitoring it since then, adding that militants in the area were the only side that knew where the convoy was present after that.