Damascus, SANA – The Health Ministry announced that the total number of people that have been quarantined as of February 5th 2020 and until now is 3325, 2554 of them having been discharged while 771 are still under observation.
In a statement on Monday, Assistant Director of the Infectious and Terminal Diseases Department at the Ministry Dr. Atef al-Tawil said that as the first three planes transporting Syrians returning from abroad, the Ministry is working to prepare quarantine centers to accommodate everyone and provide the necessary care for them.
The Ministry said that hospitals and health centers are fully prepared to respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and that it will announce any new case or recovery or death as soon as they occur.
The statement said that although Syria has so far maintained a stable situation regarding the virus, no estimations can be made about when we will reach the safety stage, urging citizens to commit to precautionary measures and to seek medical assistance as soon as they feel any symptoms of fever, coughing, and difficulty in breathing.
The Ministry said that it continues to provide treatment for COVID-19 patients and monitor suspected cases, in addition to following up on people who enter the country illegally and quarantining them.
So far, 44 cases of Coronavirus have been registered in Syria, with 27 of the patients having recovered while 3 passed away.