Kuwait City, June 1 (SANA) Kuwait on Monday condemned the repeated Iranian attacks on its territory, calling them a serious violation of its sovereignty, security and stability, and a breach of international law.
Earlier in the day, the Kuwaiti military said its air defense systems had intercepted missiles and drones that entered the country’s airspace.
In a statement posted on X, Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounced the incidents in the strongest terms, describing them as a dangerous escalation and a direct threat to the country’s security.
The ministry said the attacks constituted a clear violation of international law, the United Nations Charter and U.N. Security Council Resolution 2817 (2026), warning that they posed a significant risk to civilians and critical infrastructure.
It also warned that continued military actions could undermine efforts aimed at de-escalating tensions and threaten regional peace and stability.
The ministry reaffirmed Kuwait’s rejection of the hostile acts and stressed the country’s right to take all necessary measures to protect its security and defend its territory.
Kuwait also held Iran fully responsible for the attacks in accordance with international law, the United Nations Charter and relevant Security Council resolutions.
R.H/Abd