Washington, April 21 (SANA) U.S. President Donald Trump said that extracting uranium from Iran would be a “long and difficult” process following U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear sites last year.
In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump said the military operation had resulted in what he described as the “complete and total destruction” of Iran’s nuclear-related sites, adding that “digging it out will be a long and difficult process.”
Trump regularly uses the term “nuclear dust” to refer to Iran’s stock of enriched uranium, which the U.S. accuses Iran of hoarding to develop a nuclear weapon.
He also said the uranium stockpile would eventually be transferred to the United States, a claim denied by Iran’s Foreign Ministry.
R.A