Kuwait, March 19 (SANA) The Kuwait National Petroleum Company said Thursday that the Mina Abdullah and Mina Al-Ahmadi refineries were targeted by drone attacks, resulting in limited fires at both facilities.
In a statement, the company said one operational unit at the Mina Abdullah refinery was hit by a drone earlier in the day, causing a fire. Emergency and rapid response teams intervened immediately and brought the fire under control in line with approved safety standards.
The company added that precautionary measures were taken to ensure the safety of workers and secure the facility.
In a separate statement, the company said a drone attack also targeted an operational unit at the Mina Al-Ahmadi refinery, causing a limited fire without any reported casualties.
Earlier Thursday, the Kuwait National Guard said it had shot down five drones in the country’s airspace.
Iran has been carrying out missile and drone attacks on several Arab countries, including Kuwait, causing casualties and material damage to infrastructure.
The incidents come amid ongoing regional escalation marked by missile and drone attacks targeting several countries, affecting infrastructure and security conditions.
F.J.