Seoul, April 17 (SANA) South Korea’s Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries said a crude oil tanker successfully crossed the Red Sea in what it described as the first operation of its kind since disruptions to shipping in the Strait of Hormuz linked to the Middle East conflict.
The ministry said, according to Yonhap News Agency, that the vessel departed from the Saudi port of Yanbu and was among ships previously stranded due to regional tensions before completing its voyage safely to its destination.
South Korea and Taiwan said on April 6 that they planned to dispatch vessels to transport oil from Saudi ports on the Red Sea using alternative shipping routes to avoid passage through the Strait of Hormuz.
IZ/A