Doctors Syndicate holds 10th electoral conference

Damascus, SANA – The Syrian Doctors Syndicate held its 10th electoral conference on Monday at Dama Rose Hotel in Damascus.

Speaking at the conference, Health Minister Nizar Yazigi said that the Syrian health system remains cohesive despite the challenges posed by the crisis, with the Ministry working hard to ensure that citizens get health services in all areas.

Doctors 2

Yazigi pointed out to the damage caused to the health sector due to terrorist attacks, most significant of which are the death of 202 workers in the sector, along with 142 injured and 39 missing workers, not to mention material damage that affected around 74 hospitals, 692 health centers, and 142 ambulances, along with the hijacking of 137 ambulances.

Head of the Doctors Syndicate Abdelqader al-Hassan said the Syndicate’s plan for the next stage will focus on the care provided to patients and cooperating with other establishments and bodies to provide care for injured people.

In a statement to journalists after attending the conference, Prime Minister Wael al-Halaqi said that the Doctors Syndicate is vital in devising national health policies, saluting Syria’s doctors for the efforts they exert throughout the war imposed on Syria.

Al-Halaqi noted that the government’s efforts led to the availability of 90% of the country’s need of pharmaceuticals via local production, despite the current circumstances and the terrorist attacks on pharmaceutical companies, with the remaining 10% being provided via importation from friendly countries.

Hazem Sabbagh

Check Also

Mikdad: Turkish occupation is the biggest danger in northern Syria

Damascus, SANA-Foreign and Expatriates Minister, Fayssal Mikdad, said that the Turkish occupation is the biggest …