Update-Russian Defense Ministry: Reports of 150 civilian deaths in Idleb false

Moscow, SANA – Russian Defense Ministry denies reports claiming that 150 civilians were killed in Syria’s Idleb province as a result of Russian airstrikes.

“The Russian Aerospace Forces’ planes to not carry out airstrikes on reside nail neighborhoods in settlements to avoid civilian casualties. The targets are terrorist bases, armored vehicles and munitions depots, identified with unmanned devices and confirmed through other channels,” Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Thursday.

“This week, all airstrikes of Russian planes in the province of Idleb were concentrated on equipment, reserves and groups of Nusra Front militants who were trying to rescue terrorists from the Akerbat encirclement in eastern Hama with a sudden offensive,” he noted.

The actions of Russian planes in Syria derailed this operation, and the terrorists participating in it were destroyed,” he added.

“Syria’s Civil Defense which UK news agency Reuters cites, reporting of alleged civilian deaths, is the same thing as the White Helmets. The attempt of the British to pass these war scammers off as a new brand of objective information sources is a manipulation for amateurs,” he said, affirming that their claims of the killing of 150 civilians in Idleb as a result of Russian and Syrian air strikes are false.

Russian Defense Ministry denies reports on capture of two Russian servicemen by ISIS in Deir Ezzor

Russian Defense Ministry denied media reports on the capture of two Russian servicemen by ISIS terrorists in Deir Ezzor.

“All servicemen of the Russian Armed Forces staying in the Syrian Arab Republic are safe and in a good condition and are performing the designated tasks. There were no reports of incidents connected with capture or losses among servicemen of the Russian Armed Forces in Deir Ezzor Governorate and other Syrian areas,” a spokesperson of Russian Coordination Center in Hmeimim said on Thursday.

ISIS terrorist organization broadcast earlier on social websites reports about the kidnapping of two people in Deir Ezzor countryside claiming to be two Russian soldiers.

M.al-Frieh/H. Said/Mazen

Check Also

Spanish tourists visit archeological city of Palmyra

Palmyra, SANA- A number of Spanish tourists visited on Thursday the archeological city of Palmyra, …