Idlib, Aug. 20 (SANA) Teams from the National Commission for Missing Persons, in coordination with the competent authorities, responded to a report of human remains found during excavation and road expansion works on the Ariha-Idlib road in southern Idlib countryside.
The Commission said in a post on Telegram Thursday that its specialized teams worked at the site in accordance with approved professional protocols and standards for documenting, collecting and recovering human remains, ensuring the preservation of evidence and respect for the dignity of the victims.
The Commission said the work is going in coordination with the relevant authorities as part of efforts to establish the fate of missing persons, provide justice to their families and uphold their right to know the truth.
It renewed its call for residents not to approach or interfere with sites suspected of containing mass graves, warning that such actions could affect documentation and recovery efforts.
Earlier on August 13, the Commission responded to two reports of human remains discovered in al Rasafa neighborhood of Deir Ezzor city and in al Kashma desert in the eastern countryside of the province.
H.H
