Damascus, April 24 (SANA) Syria’s Transport Ministry said reports circulating about the allocation of $200 million from the World Bank to finance railway development projects in Syria are inaccurate, stressing that the matter remains under discussion and no final agreement has been reached.
In a statement published on its Telegram channel on Friday, the ministry said it is committed to providing accurate and reliable information to the public and maintaining transparency regarding developments in the transport sector. It added that any official updates would be announced in due course.
The ministry said any potential international support for the transport sector would proceed through the appropriate diplomatic channels and could contribute to upgrading infrastructure, improving transport network efficiency and linking production areas with industrial centers and ports. Such steps, it added, would help support economic activity and benefit citizens.
Earlier this week, the ministry told SANA that talks were under way with the World Bank on possible financial support for several railway infrastructure projects aimed at enhancing sector efficiency and accelerating economic recovery.
Kh.A