Moscow, SANA- Russian Defense Ministry reaffirmed on Monday that the accusations against Russia of bombing a school in Idleb Province are ” another information attack”.
Ministry spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov, said “Making public the next accusations of ‘a war crime’ by Human Rights Watch more than a week later, presenting some telephone ‘interviews’ with seven victims as new ‘evidence’ doesn’t stand up to scrutiny and is another false story,” Konashenkov said.
He noted that the Russian Defense Ministry had published comprehensive and absolute photo evidence from an unmanned aircraft on October 27 showing that “There were no traces of an air strike on the school building complex in al-Haas… Moreover, no evidence, even indirect, of children’s presence not only in these buildings but also in al-Haas itself has been presented to date,” Konashenkov noted.
He added that only liars or some crazy persons may say that secular schools built by the Syrian government continue working amid the hostilities on the territory controlled by the Syrian branch of Al-Qaeda.
Konashenkov also drew attention of “the so-called human rights activists” from Human Rights Watch that Idleb province, including the al-Haas town, has been fully controlled by terrorists of the Jabhat al-Nusra.
On 28 of October, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said “An expert analysis of the photos of the al-Haas village in Syria revealed that there had been no air strike at the local school and that there had been no casualties… The photos are the products of computer graphics, and the killed schoolchildren are a horrible fantasy of ‘activists’ from Al-Jazeera and The Independent.”
R. Milhem / Ghossoun