Damascus, SANA – President Bashar al-Assad on Monday issued decree no. 360 stipulating for a Cabinet reshuffle.
The appointments are as follows:
-Hussein Arnous, Minister of Water Resources.
-Atef Naddaf, Minister of Internal Trade and Consumer Protection.
-Maj. Gen. Mohammad Khaled al-Rahmoun, Minister of Interior.
-Mohammad Rami Radwan Martini, Minister of Tourism.
-Imad Muwaffaq al-Azab, Minister of Education.
-Bassam Bashir Ibrahim, Minister of Higher Education.
-Suhail Mohammad Abdullatif, Minister of Public Works and Housing.
-Iyad Mohammad al-Khatib, Minister of Communications and Technology.
-Mohammad Maen Zein-al-Abidin Jazba, Minister of Industry.
President al-Assad also issued the legislative decree no. 19 on establishing the National Reconciliation Agency, a general establishment of an administrative nature.
Concurrently, President al-Assad issue decree no. 361 on ending the appointment of Ali Haidar as State Minister for National Reconciliation Affairs, and decree no. 362 appointing Haidar as head of the National Reconciliation Agency.
In addition, President al-Assad issued decree no. 363, ending the appointment of Bishr al-Sabban as Governor of Damascus, and appointing Adel al-Olabi as Governor.
Minister of Water Resources Hussein Arnous
-Born in Idleb, 1953.
-Graduated from the University of Aleppo, Faculty of Civil Engineering, 1978.
-Head of Idleb branch of the Engineers Union (1989-1994).
-Director of the General Company for Roads (1992-2002).
-Assistant Minister of Transportation (2002-2004).
-Director General of the Public Establishment for Road Transportation (2004-2009).
-Governor of Deir Ezzor (2009-2011).
-Governor of Quneitra, 2011.
-Minister of Public Works and Housing since 2013.
Minister of Internal Trade and Consumer Protection Atef Naddaf
– Born in Damascus Countryside, 1956.
– Earned a PhD in dentistry from Kiev Medical University in Ukraine.
– Held the posts of Under Secretary for Administrative Affairs at Dentistry Faculty, Damascus University, and head of the orthographic surgery department at Dentistry Faculty, Damascus University.
– Appointed Idleb Governor (2005-2009), Tartous Governor (2009-2012) and Sweida Governor (2012).
– Elected as People’s Assembly member.
– Appointed Minister of Higher Education since 2016.
Interior Minister Maj. Gen. Mohammad Khaled al-Rahmoun
– Born in Idleb, 1957.
– Held numerous military posts, the last of which was Head of the Political Security Department.
Tourism Minister Eng. Mohammad Rami Radwan Martini
– Born in Aleppo, 1970
– Got a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from Aleppo University.
– Held several administrative positions of Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Federation of the Syrian Chambers of Tourism in the founding session, Chairman of the Federation (2008-2016) and Assistant Minister of Tourism.
Education Minister Imad Muwaffaq al-Azab
– Born in Damascus Countryside, 1970.
– Obtained a Bachelor of Law from Damascus University.
– Got a master’s degree in business administration
– Held a number of administrative positions including Head of the National Commission for the Syrian Science Olympiad and Chairman of the Commission of Distinction and Innovation.
– Elected as People’s Assembly member.
Minister of Higher Education Bassam Bashir Ibrahim
– Born in Hama, 1960.
– Earned a PhD in Civil Engineering from Moscow State University.
– Held a number of administrative positions such as Deputy Dean of Civil Engineering Faculty in al-Baath University, Dean of Civil Engineering Faculty (1999-2005) and Rector of al-Baath University since 2017.
– Member of Engineers Syndicate general conference.
Minister of Public Works and Housing Eng. Suhail Mohammad Abdullatif
– Born in Lattakia, 1961.
– Got a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from Damascus University.
– Held several administrative positions such as Director Genera of the General Establishment for Housing.
Communications and Technology Minister Eng. Iyad Mohammad al-Khatib
– Born in Damascus, 1974.
– Obtained Bachelor’s degree in Communications Engineering from Damascus University.
– Held numerous administrative positions including Director of Damascus Communications Branch, Head of Technical Department at the Syrian Telecommunications Establishment (Syrian Telecom) and Executive Managing Director of the Syrian Telecom.
Minister of Industry Eng. Mohammad Maen Zein al-Abidin Jazba
– Born in Aleppo, 1962.
– Got a Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering from Aleppo University, 1986.
– Held several administrative positions such as Head of Aleppo Industry Directorate, Technical Director of Aleppo clothing company and Director of Institutes affiliated to Industry Ministry.