Aleppo, SANA – Special sources told SANA’s correspondent in Aleppo that the process of removing terrorists and their families from the eastern neighborhoods of Aleppo has been suspended on Sunday evening until humanitarian conditions are evacuated from Kefraya and al-Fouaa in Idleb countryside.
The sources said that terrorists located in the surroundings of Kefraya and al-Fouaa towns are still preventing buses carrying dozens of injured and sick people and their families from leaving and heading towards Aleppo.
Earlier today, terrorists from Jabhat al-Nusra and Ahrar al-Cham had targeted the buses headed to Idleb to evacuate injured and sick people from the two towns, and set fire to a number of busses, while around 100 buses had entered the neighborhoods of al-Zebdiye, Salah Eddin, al-Mashhad, and al-Ansari in eastern Aleppo to remove the remaining terrorists in their families as per the agreement for clearing Aleppo of weapons and militants under the supervision of the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
The agreement had been suspended on Saturday after terrorists smuggled a number of abductees and heavy weapons including US-made TOW rockets in the buses used to transport them.
Earlier, SANA’s correspondent said that 25 buses headed to the above-mentioned neighborhoods in the framework of completing the agreement on evacuating Aleppo city of weapons and militants.
He noted that an additional number of buses were due to enter the neighborhoods, raising the total number up to 100 buses, noting that in parallel to that, a number of buses transporting humanitarian and medical cases from the terrorist-besieged towns of Kefraya and al-Fouaa in Idleb will be arriving in Aleppo city.
H. Zain/H. Said / Hazem Sabbagh