Damascus, SANA – Military sources denied Friday releasing any statement on the whereabouts and fate of the cement workers kidnapped by ISIS.
“The Syrian Arab army has not issued any statement on the workers’ fate,” the sources stressed in a statement to SANA.
A group affiliated to ISIS terrorist organization kidnapped on Wednesday more than 300 workers and contractors from al-Badiyeh Cement Company- a closed joint-stock company located north east of Abu al-Shamat area in the eastern countryside of Damascus.
The workers are believed to have been taken to an unidentified place.
The company informed the Ministry of Industry that so far it has not been able to communicate with any of the kidnapped persons, a source at the Ministry said Thursday.
The Ministry will keep in contact with the company and the parties concerned to learn the place of the abducted workers and get to have them released, the source told SANA reporter.