Damascus, (SANA)- Minister of Information, Omran al-Zoubi, dismissed as completely untrue the news broadcast by al-Arabiya TV channel on targeting President Bashar al-Assad's procession on his way to perform Eid al-Fitr prayer.
"With regard to what the Saudi al-Arabiya channel said, I stress that the news is completely baseless and a mere reflection of the wishes and illusions of some media outlets and the governments standing behind them," al-Zoubi told the Syrian Television in a phone call Thursday.
He confirmed that President al-Assad came to Anas Bin Malek Mosque driving his car by himself and that he performed the Prayer and listened to the sermon as usual.
He added that the President shook hands with people at the Mosque and exchanged congratulations on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr.
The Minister wondered why al-Arabiya channel "insists to fall in the same way its sister the Qatari al-Jzeera channel previously did."
"Had there been professionally and ethically respectful media, al-Arabiya channel would have immediately discharged the administrative staff that supervised this false news," said al-Zoubi.
"Still, their choice is to continue lying," he added.
Al-Zoubi stressed that those channels have been since the beginning of the crisis in Syria working on fabricating and falsifying news, referring to how those channels used to repeatedly make the mistakes of broadcasting news on a certain operation of targeting the national security in Syria before even the operation took place.
Minister al-Zoubi lashed out at the ethically low level of those media outlets, underscoring that the Syrian national media is true and honest media that could never come down to this level.