Moscow, SANA-General Staff of the Russian army forces reiterated on Wednesday that the humanitarian truce announced in Aleppo on Thursday aims to evacuate the civilians and the injured as well as to get the gunmen out of the city.
Head of the Russian General Staff Main Operations Department Sergey Rudskoy said that the Syrian and Russian military men have decided to expand the humanitarian truce for three hours to evacuate civilians from the eastern neighborhoods after receiving many requests from the international organizations.
“The truce will start at 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. to let the Syrian Arab Red Crescent and UN representatives secure the exit of civilians and the wounded from the city,” Rudskoy added.
He affirmed that 8 corridors will be opened to evacuate the civilians, among them two corridors for the exit of gunmen.
The Russian General said that Moscow and Damascus have carried out their obligations related to running the humanitarian process in Aleppo.
Russian Defense Ministry: US-led coalition aircrafts turn hospitals, police centers and humanitarian convoys into targets
Meanwhile, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov stressed that Russia has air defense systems to observe the Syrian airspace.
The Hmeimim-based Russian Coordination Center on Tuesday stated that two Belgian aircrafts launched airstrikes on Hassadjek village, north Aleppo, killing 6 persons and injuring 4 others.
Konashenkov pointed out to the repeated mistakes of “the directing equipment” used by the US-led international coalition, saying that such manner has turned parties, weddings, funerals, hospitals, police centers, humanitarian convoys and the Syrian forces which fight the ISIS near Deir Ezzor into targets to its aircraft.
He expressed astonishment that none of the states participating in the international coalition have been held accountable for such “errors” so far.