Moscow, SANA-Russian Defense Ministry announced on Friday that the nature of the damage caused in the aftermath of a recent attack against a camp for the displaced in Idleb countryside indicates that the camp was been shelled with rocket launchers
which are often used by Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist organization in the area.
In a press conference, the Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said that photos published on social media sites show that “there are no shell craters from aircraft ammunition and other traces of airstrikes.”
“Judging by the nature of destruction seen on photos and videos, the camp in Idleb could have been either intentionally or by mistake struck from multiple rocket launchers, which are now often used by al-Nusra Front terrorists in the area,” Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said.
He pointed out that no flights were carried out by aircrafts, Russian or other, over the camp.
“We have carefully analyzed the information from the flight control area in that region on May 4 and May 5 2016. There were no flights by Russian or any other aircraft over the area,” he added.
Earlier on Friday, the General Command of the Army and Armed Forces dismissed as “untrue” the news broadcast by some media outlets that the Syrian Army targeted a camp for displaced people in Idleb countryside, adding that these news are completely
baseless and aim at diverting attention from the crimes committed by the terrorist groups against the Syrian people and using them as a leverage in the political track.